Nancy Rose was a niece to Mary Rose and lived with her and Eaton for a number of years.
Ray, Eaton, b.2/1849 d. 1939
Mary Rose b. 4/1851 d. 10/1935
1. Matilda Jane Ray b. 10/29/1870 d. 10/1962 (my grandmother)
2. Betty A Ray b. 07/1872 d.?
3. John W. Ray b. b.11/1874 d.?
4. Charlie A. Ray b11/1877. d.?
5. Emma Ray b. 08/1880 d.?
6. Dona Ray b. 08/1884
7. Edgar (Edd) Ray b.04/1887 d.?
8. Kally Ray b. died at birth
9. Alvie Ray b.04/1889 d.? (Bob Ray (on your e-mail list) his grandfather)
10. Clara Ray b. 05/1894 d.?
Eaton Ray md. 12/12/1906
Nancy Rose b. 1866 d.1927
1. Fred Ray b.1890 d.?
2. Edie Ray b.09/1891 d.?
3. Alta M. Ray b 03/1892 d.?
4. Frank C. Ray b 01/1895 d.?
5. Bob b.07/1897 d.?
6. Linzy B b.02/1898 d.?
7. Grady H b 02/1900 d.1960
8. Roosevelt b.1902 d.1902
9. Pearl L. ?
10. Leby L b.1904 d.? see obit on beginning page
11. Dallas b.07/1908 d.02/1982 Steve Ray email@example.com his great-grandfather
source: Carol Seitz
Please provide a link and credit to these pages if you use the inforamtion on another site.
Several researchers are working together to connect the Ray Families that we believe originated in
early Virginia. The information presented is the result of many. Our research includes sharing
DNA results as appropriate for genealogy purposes. Several researchers have participated in the DNA
If you think you can connect to the Ray / Wray families that link back to early Virginia and
would like to be in our e-mail correspondance, contact the webmaster, Pat. My e-mail address is in the header.
Best wishes in your research.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever does”
- Margaret Mead